MKT 450 Topic 6 Brand Perception and Pricing GCU
The purpose of this assignment is to determine how brand perception influences pricing.
Review the study materials and consider what research says about how brand perception influences pricing. Think about well known brands that you use and the brand competitors in each category. Are the higher priced brands truly superior to their competitors, or does the customer’s perception of the brand allow it to be priced at a premium?
Identify a brand whose pricing you think is not reflective of the actual value of the product or service provided. Conduct research about the brand, including gathering data about how buyers perceive the brand and how the brand compares with others in its category in terms of quality, price, market share, etc.
Prepare a 10-12 slide PowerPoint presentation (not including the reference slide) that addresses the following. Include a minimum of 100 words in speaker notes for each slide. Cite specific research that supports the ideas presented.
- Identify the specific brand, product(s) or service(s), and pricing researched.
- Identify the target market(s) for the brand.
- Identify the brand’s primary competitors.
- Provide data that summarizes the pricing of the products/services offered by the brand and its primary competitors.
- Provide data related to the quality of the products/services offered by the brand and its competitors.
- Justify why you believe the brand pricing is not reflective of the brand’s value when compared with competitors in terms of the product(s)/service(s) offered and the quality of the product(s) and service(s) offered.
- Explain how customer brand perception contributes to the brand’s ability to price its product(s)/service(s) at a premium, despite quality.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.