MIS 610 Topic 5 RDBMS and OODBMS Short Answer Questions GCU
The purpose of this assignment is to identify similarities and differences between an RDBMS and an OODBMS.
Using the textbook, Topic Materials, and your own research, write a 100-250 word response to each question below. Cite the sources used for answering each question, and include real-world examples in the answer to each question.
- Define a tuple. How and where does a tuple fit into relational database theory? Why is this an important concept to understand?
- How does an object-oriented database management system (OODMS) compare to a relational database management system (RDBMS)? What are the key features of an OODBMS, and how can a developer utilize them?
- What is the difference between a Relation in an RDBMS and a Class in an OODBMS? Are they interchangeable, If so, explain how.
- Contrast an object-relational database management system (ORDBMS) with an RDBMS? Describe the unique features and provide an example of how an OODBMS might be preferable to an RDBMS.
- Contrast the attributes and functionality of an OODBMS versus an ORDBMS. Explain why RDBMS platforms are used more frequently in business than either of these object-oriented platforms.
- From an entity relationship diagram (ERD) standpoint, would there be a significant difference between using an ORDMBS versus an RDBMS? Explain why or why not, and discuss specific instances in which differences are the deciding factor.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.