AMP 492 Grand Canyon Week 6 Complete Work
AMP 492 Grand Canyon Week 6 Discussion 1
Visions fail for many reasons, as noted in the textbook. In the “Role of Vision at Mentor Graphics” case study at the end of the chapter, why did the vision at Mentor Graphics fail?
AMP 492 Grand Canyon Week 6 Discussion 2
Should organizations have both a vision statement and a mission statement? If you were to lead an organization and you could have only one, a mission or vision statement, which would you choose and why?
AMP 492 Grand Canyon Week 6 Assignment
Vision Statement Paper
Conduct research on the vision statements of organizations. Find a vision statement that you feel provides an engaging picture of the future of an organization of your choice and has enough detail that others can relate to it in a meaningful way. In a paper of 750-1,000 words, address the following:
- Explain the difference between a vision statement and a mission statement.
- Explain how the vision statement you chose is appropriate for the organization.
- Describe why having an appropriate vision can help an organization.
- Does the vision statement encourage organizational change? Why or why not?
- What is the current vision statement and how would you improve the vision statement for the organization you chose? What is the rationale for your recommendation?
- Note that some organizations may use the term “vision statement,” while others may use language such as “our vision” or simply “vision.”
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Directly quoted source material may not exceed 10% of the paper’s content.
Due to its inherent unreliability, Wikipedia is not considered an acceptable source for use in academic writing.
Please refer to “AMP-492: Module 6 Vision Statement Paper Grading Rubric” for this assignment. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the grading rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.